Right before our Carnival break, she planned for us to learn how to make arepas, a traditional Venezuelan recipe/staple.
Here's Yuni's fabulous arepa receta! (I made a Spanish rhyme!!! Can I get extra credit???)
Arepas Con Autentico Sabor Venezolano
(Note: I am translating this from Spanish, so I'll do my best)
1 cup of water (I just typed agua - this could take a while!)
3/4 cup of corn flour or arepa mix style flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1. Pour the water into the bowl
2. Stir the salt in the water
3. Add the flour while mixing with a fork until you reach the desired consistency - the dough will feel gritty and a little wet
4. Let it rest for a few minutes
5. Form the tortilla shapes with damp hands
6. Grill or fry the arepas
7. Fill with whatever you want
This will make 3 medium sized arepas.
This is on my menu for next week!!! So yummy!