Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sold Out!

This past weekend was the annual Crossfire Retreat. Because I work with the 6th grade girls, this is their first retreat experience, which brings an extra enthusiasm and a bit of nervousness! They were great and so much fun to hang out with this weekend.

 Retreat started Friday after school. We had a lot of students come and it was fabulous! The girls were so excited to be on the bus! (By excited, I mean lots of screaming, shouting, blaring the radio to sing at the top of their lungs - this was mostly the other group of girls in our bus).
 Friday night was fun! They were tired at 9, but WIDE AWAKE at 11:30! Lord help us! Best item I took for the weekend: eye mask (Note: when using this is in conversation, most people will confuse this with an Apple product)
 Yes, they were up at the Pre-crack of dawn! Whew! Our self-attempt at a group photo!
 Had to put this one up, because Kush's face cracks me up!
 Amber came along and rescued us and took our photo! Love these sweet girls!
 We played games for a while on Saturday - there is a generational gap between card games. Phase 10 was difficult for the girls, but they tried!
 Another group playing Catch Phrase - so fun!
 We decided to name our small group The Huddle. We end our small group time praying together in a huddle. Such a sweet time.

This particular night, we talked about ways we have sold out to the world and how instead to be sold out to Jesus.

The end of our small group time ended with lots of hilarious stories.
Here are some points of our discussion:
* "Once I was kicked out of the states for having lice."
* "I nearly killed our cat because I gave it the dog's medicine."
* "When I was little, I used to ride our dalmatian like a horse. My dad gave me reins for him."
* "When I was six, I used to think I was a hen and would try to lay eggs. I was took an egg from the fridge and sat on it, but then it exploded all over my mom's good chair. I realized I wasn't a good hen."

 Spending time with these girls reminds me so often of the things that come up in middle schoolers. It is such a hard time of life and can breed so many insecurities. Praying so hard that the Lord protects these precious ones from wounds and insecurities and pours His truth over them.

Other notes from our small group time:
* Feelings of fear of loss
* Pressure to gain approval
* Desperate to know God more
* Wanting to know what it means to be a Christian
* Wanting to know the difference between Catholics and Christians
 The three people in this group talked to Cheryl simultaneously and she tracked with all of them! Hilarious! 
 So glad this sweet friend was there this weekend!
 Ok, I don't know this kid, but when I saw him I had a flashback to highschool. He totally reminded me of Bryant Sivess!!! Oh my! I almost walked up without thinking to greet "bryant". Totally weirded me out!
 This is what happens when people don't sleep more than 10 hours in a weekend!
It was a great weekend! I love spending time with my small group!
The Lord answered some very specific things He and I had talked about for the retreat and has clearly shown me new ways to pray.

As lovely as the weekend was, I'm thrilled to sleep in my own bed tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment