Tuesday, April 3, 2012

How to Crack a Coconut (or at least try)

 We are on spring break! Hurray!!! A group of us have journeyed far into the interior to Playa Barqueta, near David. It is incredibly quiet, peaceful, and very relaxing here. The beach has incredibly strong waves and currents, but it sure is lovely to look at and listen to!

On our first day here, we find a ginormous coconut outside on our stoop (isn't that a fun word?).
Cheryl decided to try to break it open for survival...well, just for fun. Watch the sequence below to see her attempt. In her own words, "If I was on a desert island, I'd be screwed!"







Apparently, I don't have a picture of it not breaking, but it's still sitting outside, whole. I told her we should try and find a machete and see how that would work.

1 comment:

  1. If the coconut wasn't dangerous enough...sure, let's try for a machete. I don't need legs.

    ReplyDelete