Sunday, July 29, 2012

Choosing to Live

Going on a trip to Peru can bring up all sorts of thoughts.

I mentioned in the first Peru post that many fears and insecurities have risen in the preparation and planning for this trip.

One thought the Lord brought to mind the other day was I have a choice. I can choose to live or choose to hide.

As I was writing, Gideon came to my mind (Judges 6). As a kid, dad, Hannah and I were in a play called "Zeroes into Heroes" all about the life of Gideon, so those fun songs are running through my brain now. I digress.

Gideon lived in a time of attack for the Israelites. Their enemies were constantly attacking them and taking their food. Gideon literally hides to keep the grain out of sight and the Lord appears to him.

I love that the Lord says to him, "Go in this might of yours and save Israel." Seriously? Gideon denies his might and asks the Lord for several signs that Israel could be delivered.

As our time begins in Peru, I have a choice to make. I can hide in the background and keep to myself or I can choose to live and be a part of what God is doing in Peru.


No comments:

Post a Comment