Thursday, July 26, 2012

What In the World? Peru?

Are you intrigued?

I am preparing a series of posts on the upcoming mission trip to Mancora, Peru. Some of the posts will give information on what we are doing, why go, and how to pray for us.

When I first moved to Panama, I heard lots about the youth trip to Peru. It was beginning and turned into an annual trip to partner with a church in Mancora and encourage them. I loved hearing and seeing the impact of the trip each year. The Peru Sunday was always a few weeks after returning and it always encouraged my heart to see students excited about ministry.

This past year as TJ begin talking about it, I sensed a tugging on my heart to pray about joining the group and seeing if it would even be an option to go. The last time I've been on what most deem an "official" mission trip was the summer of 2000 right before entering college. It was one of the sweetest experiences and times in my life!

As time continued to pass, I approached TJ about the possibility of going and he was super open to it.

I'm going to be honest, lots of insecurities played into this and continue to come up at times. Things like, "well, really what can you offer? You don't even speak Spanish that well. You have no role to play. You'll just be a burden." There you go!

The Holy Spirit has continued to speak truth over my mind and remind me of His purposes. As the new job has come up, that posed a further snafoo in figuring out how to make it all work. Andrew was super kind in hearing my heart and understanding of my desire to go.

Bottom line: my heart's desire is to see the Lord at work in Mancora. I'm excited to see the churches we will visit and participate with as they love the Lord and we love with them. I'm nervous and excited about being thrown out of my comfort zone. Most of all, I'm excited to see the Lord glorified!

Stayed tuned as each day from now until August 4 there will be a daily post on different aspects of the trip and ways you can pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment