Thursday, January 31, 2013

Last Night

So tomorrow, roommate is getting married (the other roommate is just called roo). It's the last night the three of us are together (though Cheryl just caved to go and sleep).
Cheryl and I were just talking today about watching the Superbowl last year and how Jess was brand spanking new to Panama and we were just getting to know her and now here we are, a year later, and she is getting married, TOMORROW (unless you are reading this on Friday, then it would be today)!


I have no qualms about sounding sappy, so I'm jumping right in.
There are no words to describe the incredible blessing Jess has been in my life. The Lord sent her as a sweet friends at just the right time. She has been an incredible source of encouragement to me.


Jess is a praying woman! I can't tell you the number of times she has come to my office, classroom, tracked me down in the apartment, stopped me in the hall, or any other place and said, "Let me pray for you." Her love for Jesus has been such a blessing and has spurred me on to know and love Jesus more.


Jess has an incredible heart and gift for encouragement. She kindly has sent so many little messages just to bless and be an spurrer-onner (like my made up word?). She listens closely to the Holy Spirit and obeys His prompting for her to uphold others and to live in obedience.


One of the other things I love about Jess is her quick wit! Living with two hilariously punny (not puny, Cheryl!) women has been so much fun! They jab at each other all the time and I laugh daily! The three of us love watching certain tv shows together and shouting at the television and analyzing every angle to see if we can predict what will happen next.

(Love Cheryl's face in this picture! It makes me laugh out loud every time!) 
One year ago, I had no idea the incredible friend Jess would become. She has been way more than a roommate, but a dear friend and sweet sister. This is not a goodbye!

I'm so excited to watch her marry Epson and see what else the Lord has in store for them as they join their lives together!

Can't wait to post all about the wedding and tell you that story! It's AMAZING!

3 comments:

  1. Hooray! Congrats to Jess and Epson. One year ago, we all watched the Super Bowl at MY house!! I wish we could all be together again this year. Fun pictures - I miss you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess volunteered in my office at our West Virginia college. She is truly an amazing and delightful person who deserves the best life has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is indeed! She is such a blessing and delight to all who share life with her!

      Delete