Thursday, February 7, 2013

Flashbacks

Two weeks ago, a group of us went fabric shopping to get some things for Jess's wedding dress (yes, she had it made!)

We went into the "dangerous" fabric store. It's "dangerous" because there are bolts upon bolts of fabric stacked one on another quite high. It looks at though if you pull one out, the whole stack will come crashing down on top of you.

While there, I saw two things that sent me back to days gone by.



I don't know about y'all, but my momma was a sewer growing up (and even now). I remember spending hours and hours in fabric stores. AND back in those days, mom would give us a pattern number and the best part was if sister and I could go looking for the pattern in these pattern filing cabinets. I haven't seen one of these in years. AND the pattern books used to sit on top of them to flip through. Good memories of childhood.


Now I know fax machines are not completely out of date, but I hadn't seen one like this in a long time.

I remember when our church in Dallas bought their first fax machine and it was set up in daddy's office. AND the fun when the machine would ring and you would watch the paper gradually spit out the message. Amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment