Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Parental Visit

Do you ever find the Lord's timing so perfect and you are blatantly reminded of it?

A few weeks ago, I got such a reminder.
Mom and Dad had scheduled a visit to Panama for the end of February right at the end of Dad's sabbatical. It was good timing for me because it was far away enough from Christmas to not feel like I had just seen them and after Carnival which was good for me.

All I can say right now is that they were here at the exact right time. They were both blessings to people here that could only have been ordained by God in His infinite wisdom.

Here is some of the things that we did during their visit. They weren't so much visitors this time around, but just lived life with me in the midst of the madness!


We saw this interesting cow stroller type device for rent at the mall.







 We went to the beach and enjoyed some relaxation and sunshine! Dad made some friends with people from the Dakotas.


We saw a semi on fire on the way home. Thankful we were on the opposite side of the highway


Yes, this is sideways. I introduced momma and daddy to Dim Sum - Chinese breakfast. One of my favorite things in all of Panama! Yum! 



I put dad to work on his sabbatical. He taught our lesson at Psalm 8:2 Sunday night and it was the lesson on Jesus calming the storm.

It was fun having him here to teach! 


I took mom and dad's picture with the giant gorilla at Albrook Mall - because it's fun!

And of course we facetimed with this darling. 


More than anything, we spent a lot of time talking, processing, and being together. 
They were able to live life here with me for 10 days and it was a sweet gift. 

Thanks for coming to visit, Mom and Dad! I love you! 




No comments:

Post a Comment