Wednesday, May 8, 2013

More Clouds

We need more sky like this with rain in them-thar' clouds. (Insert southern accent, just in case you think I can't spell!!!)



For those of you not living in the country of Panama, we are in a state of crisis because of drought.

School has been cancelled for the rest of the week, including today, as a means of conserving energy (don't question it, just embrace it!)

Supermarkets, bars, and discos have had restrictions placed upon them for hours of operation. Government buildings also have limited hours. Businesses have been asked not to use fans, lights, and AC during the hours of 11am-3pm. If you have ever lived in Panama, those are of course the hottest hours of the day.

We may not get snow days, and right now we aren't having flood days. But it's not often you can say school was cancelled to conserve electricity.


I was talking to a Panamanian lady today and she confirmed that this is very abnormal weather (I felt like it was having lived here for seven years, but it's always better to talk to a local).

Tomorrow, I may take my photo with this lady. I want to blog about her. She is a dear. Nearly made me cry today. Y'all, that is astounding to me, because our entire conversations are in Spanish.
She is precious.

 Off to build an AC unit out of some cloth and a funnel. Just kidding. I'm not that clever.

No comments:

Post a Comment