Today we celebrated life.
Not just earthly life which so quickly fades, but the hope and reality of eternal life.
Today was all about celebrating the life of Ben's daddy.
(Ben is my brother in law, though I'm not a fan of the in-law connotation, he's really my big brother).
Mack went upgraded to his eternal home last Friday and today we honored him by honoring the Savior.
Life passing brings up so many thoughts and wonderings and emotions. Many tears were shed today, but also many laughs were had as well.
Here's some of my thoughts on today, what was seen and questions floating around in my brain.
* How do you say see ya' later well?
* How does a wife to a man of so many years say so long?
* There is so much beauty in the hope of heaven.
* Why is it so often we never say the things we really think and feel to those we love most? Ben and his family had time to say farewell. Most never have that opportunity. I feel eulogies shouldn't be shared just at a funeral, but throughout life.
* The body of Christ can be so beautiful. People came from all over to love on the family today. Friends drove many hours to come for just a couple and then turned right around and headed home (literally like 9-10 hours). Why? Because they love and they care. Beautiful.
* Highlight - watching Ben sitting on stage during the prelude and mouthing the words to "Because He Lives" being played on the piano. "Because He lives, I can face tomorrow. Because He lives, all fear is gone. Because I know He holds the future. And life is worth the living just because He lives." Tears.
* Listening to the girls and Ben give tribute to their daddy. Ben gave the main message and honored his father beautifully. The Lord sustained him and gave him words to speak and a message of hope to share about the peace of salvation through Jesus.
* Ben shared about discussions he had with his daddy about going home to heaven. Mack's reply was, "It doesn't sting."
1 Corinthians 15:55 - "O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?"