Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Out of Context

Ok, so I have this thing for finding signs and misinterpreting them or questioning what it is supposed to mean.

Road signs are fascinating because things differ amongst cultures and countries. Interpretation of these signs can be based on one's experiences, knowledge, and so many other things. I have seen signs in the states recently that I think could be very easily misinterpreted without prior knowledge. (Cheryl and I had a whole conversation about this on our drive from Lynchburg to Baltimore. Now I have to go and find some of those signs again).

So while settling into Dallas, we are staying in a hotel.

Y'all, I have got to show you this notice...


Do you recognize this appliance? It's a freezer. (I'm sure many of you are thinking, um...what does this have to do with anything? Don't worry, we are getting there). 

Now look at the magnet attached to this. I took a close up. 


Do you see how this could be easily misinterpreted? 
Ok, granted, I was that kid who had a pet that we raised, fed with a bottle, and then it became dinner. Hey, I was a farm kid. 

But this isn't what one would expect to see on a freezer door. 

Yes, I know, it's probably supposed to go on the outside door of the hotel room, but this is far more entertaining. 

Maybe it's just me who thinks of these things. 


No comments:

Post a Comment