Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Happy Lefties!

Happy International Left-Handers Day!

I received an article from my dad today to celebrate this momentous holiday!

Left-Handed Day

It included pictures and fun little captions that lefties struggle with in living in a right-handed world.
Apparently, only 10% of the population is left-handed, so that makes my daddy and I unique! :)

We are still holding out a slight hope that baby darling will be a leftie.

AND my sweet nephew - the Caleb guy - has a good chance of being a leftie. I'm cheering him on in that endeavor!

It's true that you do learn to adapt when being a leftie. You get used to blisters on your left thumb when using right-handed scissors for an extended period of time.
It becomes normal to smear ink on pretty much anything and to constantly have an ink imprint on your hand.
I've often wondered why I am able to use a computer mouse with my right hand, especially since I am so dominant left-handed. When I was a kid, I remember one Sunday "The Dallas Morning News" had a whole section for left-handed day where that particular section was turned from right to left. It was so fun!

Whenever  going to a person's home to eat or to a restaurant, we always have to plan carefully where we eat so as to "not bump" someone's elbow next to us.

Thankful my daddy and I share this particular trait in common!


No comments:

Post a Comment