Sunday, September 22, 2013

Childhood Flashbacks

Remember footy pajamas?

The kind you would zip up from bubble, ankle bone to just under your chin?

Remember how warm they were and if you were made to wear them before it was cold enough, you would sweat buckets inside of those things?

And remember if you were too hasty in the zipping process, the excruciating pain associated with zipping tiny bits of flesh into the forever long zipper? Makes me shudder just thinking about it.


Sister and I loved wearing footy pajamas as kids. Even as teens, we would reminisce about those great things. She is wearing her purple footy pjs in this photo as we read together. Loo at that awesome head-thing I'm wearing! We loved the hat/covering/thing. (Sister - we are sitting in your tiny chair!) 

Recently I was out and about and stumbled across adult sized footy pajamas. I know, I know, they've been out at random times in recent years, but these were in a class all their own. 


What in the world?
Yes, I judged. I texted sister and asked if she wanted a pair of these for Christmas. I received a resounding "NO!"

Let's keep the footy pj's for the kids. I think I'll go try to find some for the baby darling instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment