Sunday, October 13, 2013

Old Stomping Grounds

Being back in Dallas is weird because there are so many things familiar and yet strange at the same time.

A few weeks ago, my roommate and I decided to go out and do something different. We discussed going back to the Fruteria or I suggested TC Shaved Ice.
Y'all, TC was a staple in high school. I can't even tell you how many times we (sister, friends, and I) would go there on a regular basis. I talked to the kid about it (luke) and he remembers countless trips there as well.

So we went.
I took photos.

Not much has changed.


Same little building. We use to cut through the apartments next to TC to get there, but now it is blocked off.
 Same awesome sign.
This is new. Not sure how I feel about this, though I love pickles. 


Same great flavors. (Lemon is my favorite!)


Yum! For those unschooled in shaved ice, it is NOT a snow-cone, though it is a common misconception. It is the most finely shaved ice, so it melts in your mouth and is deliciousness!!

So Shannon and I took our shaved ices to the lake and walked around.
And then we were stopped by the cop who was patrolling. Totally passed us, backed up in his car, and asked if we were carrying bottles of beer.
No, sir, this is shaved ice in a styrofoam cup. Guessing it must be illegal to have open containers at the lake or maybe glass is a no-no.

Regardless, the shaved ice is still delish. Fun memories - past and present!

No comments:

Post a Comment