Thursday, November 21, 2013

Hodge-Podge or Brain Scramble

Random title, yes, I know. You are welcome. :)

There are a bajillion thoughts running around my head because so much has been going on, so I'm thinking a mish-mash of a blog post for tonight and perhaps details will follow.

* Just spent the last week with some of my dear heart friends (this is what I call them, I feel like it is not strong enough of a term, but it's the best I've got!). Y'all, it was such a reminder again of the faithfulness of the Lord in providing such amazing women to do life with - walking through the pit together and celebrating together. Cue tears...love these women like crazy and still stand amazed at God's sweetness in putting us together. Wow. We spent days laughing, crying, talking on top of one another, telling stories, catching up, making predictions (this makes me laugh!), snuggling babies, and just enjoying the togetherness. We've already made plans for next year, which made the good-byes somewhat easier.

NOTE: This picture makes me laugh, because 1) we always talked about going to Starbucks together and 2) Memphie looks like he is stabbing me with his coffee plug.

* The Gideon Bible study at church finished this past week. As I sat there, I marveled at the Lord's sweetness in the opportunity to be a part of this small group. Each week I would get in the car and say, "Lord, really? Thank you for this varied and incredible group of women to share life with as we study together." I have no photo. :(

* I'm beyond grateful for my job/ministry. There are a bunch of humorous and sweet stories I could share as I've talked to people on the phone. Some of the stories bring me to tears and I marvel at the way the Lord moves in the hearts of His people. This week, our sweet bosses brought each one of us a rose just because.

I love the team I get to be a part of and the fun we have each day. (Those of us who were in the office early on "rose" day decided to take a pageant style photo - notice Kat's head tilt! Love these ladies)


* I came home today to a Facebook message asking me to come to India to visit. Um...yes, please!!!! Just got to figure out how to make that one work!

* In ONE week, I will be with my sweet family to celebrate Thanksgiving. I'm trying to remember the last time we were all together for Thanksgiving - I'm going with 2004. I don't even know. AND I get to see this crazy cute munchkin!!!


* The Paper Game might be my favorite-ist non-manufactured game EVER! (To others, it is called Telephone Pictionary, but I like the Paper Game better!)
I don't even remember what was written for this one, but we laughed so hard and I'm holding back guffaws of laughter right now!!!!! (I remember something about palm trees throwing sheep). Y'all, laugh until you cry this game brings!

* So excited it is about to cool off in Dallas and that means "Make-a-big-ole-pot-of-chili" time!!! Woot, woot!

Told you this was random.
The end of today's brain scramble.

No comments:

Post a Comment