Sunday, January 25, 2015

Year 33 - Week 11

* This was all completed, except for Day 7. Then I was off house-sitting/pre-teen sitting prior to heading out for Illinois for Aunt Kate's life celebration. So thus, this is being posted late.

This week has been FULL! It is starting to get busy at work, semester events started off, some of the "extra" things on the agenda met this week, and started a new workout routine with a friend.

Here's the photos...


Day 1 - I mentioned this in last week's post on day 6. 
This week I got to actually start it! 
It has been SOOOO helpful already in thinking about 2014 and dreaming about this year. 
And wanting to be realistic, while also pushing for something more and wanting the Lord to stretch me. ALREADY, I've seen the Lord putting opportunities in front of me that He and I were talking about in filling this out. So grateful! 


Day 2 - Posting two pictures today - this is my workout buddy! SOOOOOO grateful she asked about working together. It's been a sweaty fun time! 


Let's talk about BRILLIANT marketing for a sec. I am a big fan of White House Black Market. I really like their clothes and their jeans are some of my favorite EVER! 
So I went to their outlet store last week and the sales person, PJ, was SUPER sweet and we had some fun conversation. 
So I filled out the survey on the receipt (yes, I'm one of those) and I got this card in the mail, FROM PJ! It was a hand-written note thanking me for the survey and giving me a COUPON in written form. 
Y'all. First of all, very few people write hand-written notes. Secondly, how many sales associates write you a thank you note? And thirdly, how brilliant is that? 
You know how much that boosted my desire to go back (even though the outlet isn't super close)? A lot! 


Day 3 - My favorite day this week -  KARA HAD HER BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Y'all, this woman and this baby and this story - overwhelms me with the amazingness of the Lord. 
Last night, Kara had a group text going with our heart friends giving us constant updates on her progress. 
I literally woke up so many times during the night to check messages to see what was happening. 
I had just gotten finished showing and got THE message that Baby Girl was here! 
So many tears last night and today rejoicing over the Lord's precious gift in this baby. 
We got to Facetime tonight and doesn't she look AMAZING for having just given birth???? 
She is already rocking it as a mom. 
Our heart family is growing! We now have two nephews and three nieces. 
Who's next???? 
Love you, dear friend! So proud of you for walking this journey the Lord has laid before you and for your walk forward in obedience. HUGS!!! AND I  can't wait to get my hands on and snuggle with your little peanut in 10 weeks! 


Day 4 - Photo fail day. Not really an angry face. I was on the way to Luke and Abby's to hang out and I wanted to put my hair back. So I was putting the hair in pig tails at red lights. Clearly only one was done at a time. 


Day 5 - Spring came to Dallas this weekend! It was GORGEOUS! 
After lots of cold-for-us weather, warm weather was amazing! 
Kristin and I went and played tennis! She was such a patient teacher in showing me what to do and chasing my horrible returns all over the place! 
It was a LOT of fun! 


Today was Aunt Kate's home going. (She is the sweet lady in green in this photo). 
She has been such a beautiful picture of life, perseverance, and joy. 
While we are sad she is gone from this earth, my heart rejoices that she is no longer experiencing pain, but is sitting at the feet of Jesus. Please continue to pray for those left here - especially her husband and boys. 



Day 6 - This chick. She cracks me up! Girl had her pjs on and was pulling them up like old man pants and I was cracking up! 
Love her. 


Day 7 - Ronnie came to visit the office! He is one of our guides in Israel and has amazing stories! 
We had a great time having lunch, listening to his life story, and hanging out. 





No comments:

Post a Comment