Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Year 33 - Week 23

Same song, nineteenth verse. Sigh. I'm behind again. But I shall continue forth!

Here we go!


Day 1 - Best. Sister. In. Law. Ever. Sweet Abby (the other one) had a lunch waiting for me in my car the night I got back from Portland. It was for my lunch the next day. Seriously, we all know how empty the fridge is after a long weekend away (unless everything was left inside and then turned a putrid shade of fuzzy green). It was a HUGE blessing. 


Day 2 - This is Lori. She is part my Dallas Titus 2 group of older women loving on younger women. We had lunch together and I was so encouraged by our time together. She has a wealth of experience, knowledge, encouragement, and is a HUGE truth speaker. Love that. 
I got in my car after our time together was nearly in tears praising the Lord for putting her and other women from our group in my life. 


 Day 3 - K-ristin (my nickname for her. Say the letter "K", then ristin. It works) and I went walking to Deep Ellum this day. It was a partial work out fun day and partial scouting day. I'll explain the scouting in a future post. 
AND right outside of Baylor, the knock-out roses were in full bloom!!!! BEAUTIFUL! 
Also, do not be impressed by wealth of knowledge about horticulture. I don't. 
I saw them at Kroger the next day and had a name to go with them. 


Day 4 - Suce and I got together to have dinner. 
We hadn't caught up in a long time. So over delicious spicy Indian food (at least spicy for me as Suce likes the mild), we shared life together. Greatness. 
Then proceeded to walk all around Knox/Henderson where Sucy met Weirs for the first time. YES! 


Day 5 - Time to meet the newest member of the Chickfila family. 
Using my calendar card for this month (one of them), I tried the new frosted lemonade. 
Verdict: Meh. It's ok, but not something I would ever order. 
I expected it to be more lemon-y. 


Day 6 - BLUEBONNET DAY!!! 
Clearly, the flowers behind us are not blue, not are they bonnets. But I haven't uploaded the photos from the real camera. 
It was a spur of the moment decision to head out to Ennis and drive the bluebonnet trail. It did not disappoint. Some of the most amazing views of the Texas flower I've ever seen. 


Day 7 - These beauties arrived in the mail. 
My favorite brand of Brazilian shoes. Roo, Jess, and I became quite huge fans of these shoes. 
Certain pairs are available on Amazon, and a limited number of those are available via Amazon Prime. Hurray! 

No comments:

Post a Comment