Sunday, May 31, 2015

Year 33 - Week 27

You know how sometimes your mind is consumed with a million thoughts and some intense conversation with the Lord is happening because of those thoughts? That's right now.
So if this post is discombobulated, now you know why.

Finishing up the time in Israel was amazing and then led on to Tennessee to rest and recover with some of my favorite girls (sister and nieces).

Week of May 4

Day 1 - We ventured into the wilderness. I find the desert/wilderness incredibly beautiful. Its barrenness resonates with seasons of my soul. What beautiful things the Lord does in desert times. 
The group had a lunch overlooking this wilderness and I couldn't get over the starkness of its beauty. 
This is David, one of our guides. Such a blessing to spend time with he and the other guides and pick their brains and hear their stories. 



This particular day, I got to Facetime with this beauty. I could weep remembering what sweetness it was to see her face, to hear her voice, and listen to her laugh. 
So grateful for the wonder of technology to make it possible. AND we were nearly on the same time zone, which made chatting that much easier! :) 
Thanks, Roo, for taking the time. Let's do it again soon! 



Day 2 - I got to do something in Jerusalem I've always wanted to do - walk along the Rampart's Wall! These walls date are not from the Roman era (remember, the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70 and all). 
BUT it created such a powerful image of what it must have been like to walk along the city walls and see out. What must it have felt like to see your enemies approaching? It was a gripping and amazing experience! 



Day 3 - Stateside once again. 
These are dear friends. They were sweet enough to endure my jet-lagged delirium and take me to another airport for time in Nashville. I have very vague memories of that afternoon, but so grateful I didn't have to drive myself. You are welcome, city of Dallas! :) 



Day 4 - This sweet lady. Y'all, the Lord has been so sweet as I've transitioned to this new life/job/ministry and I've met some incredible people. 
Nearly a year ago, I met this sweet lady in person, in Israel. 
She and I had chatted on the phone many times and she was just as sweet in person. 
Judy lives near Hannah in Nashville, so we have met up before and were able to do so again. 
Just look at how darling she is? 
I always walk away from our times together nearly in tears marveling at the sweetness of God in putting two of His girls in the same place to learn from one another. 
I just wish we lived closer to meet up like this more often. 
Miss Judy - you will never know what a treasure you are to me! Thank you for wanting to share life and being so real! I love you dearly! 



Following lunch with Judy, I went to pick up this sweet girl from school. 
One of the things I couldn't wait for in being an aunt was moments like these.
Pick up the girls and go have tia time. 
We went to Chickfila and had ice cream and played on the playplace. 
I. Love. It. And how cute is this sweet thang and those darlin' dimples? 
Moments I cherish. 


Day 5 - Strawberry picking. This brought back childhood memories for Hannah and I. We used to "help" mom in the garden by picking strawberries. Though, more ended up in our mouths than in the basket. 
So in order for CB to have the true experience, I had her eating them in the patch too. 
And y'all, I have forgotten the incredible delight of eating berries out of the field. A little outside flavor mixed the sweetest of strawberries - AMAZING! 


Day 6 - Church with these beauties. 
I could eat them up. Just. Love. Them. 



And this little peanut with those massive eyes and her smile - Melt. My. Heart. 



 Day 7 - My sister, being the incredibly self-less person she is, took the day off of work, for us to have a sister day. 
Girls went to school and we went walking. 
Every time I am with Hannah, I LOVE hearing how the Lord is being glorified in her life. 
She is passionate about the Gospel and seeing others know Jesus. 
She and Ben open their home all the time to those seeking and just love them and speak the Gospel truth. 
Their home is a haven to many and I can't get enough of hearing about it. 
So proud to call her a sister and friend. 


We finished out time with some Chicago-style pizza (yum) and chocolates (What? Hannah ate chocolate? And liked it?).

Incredible memories I cherish. 
Thank you, Lord, for your abundant blessings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment