Tuesday, July 14, 2015

The Newest Siblings Birthdays

Disclaimer - I'm going to do all the typing first and then there are a bajillion pictures below because I just love these people and already this set of photos was limiting me! 

So July 14 is a pretty special day in our family.

BOTH my brother-in-love and sister-in-love have their birthdays today.
Crazy isn't it? Something only the Lord would orchestrate.

When Luke told us Abby had the same birthday as Ben, it was a done deal. She had my name, Hannah's middle name, Ben's birthday, loved Jesus (this was obviously the most important - everything else was Holy Spirit confirmation), was an elementary education major, she grew up in Dallas, etc. Basically after the birthday deal, we all threw money at him for the ring and said, "Done. Propose." (Ok, not true. Luke, being the responsible man he is, had already been saving and researching and such.)

As we got older, I was nervous about the siblings marrying off and about the people they would marry. The night before Hannah married Ben, I burst into tears and boo-hoo-ed to her "This is going to change everything! Bwah-sob-tears-etc" She assured me nothing would change. Puh-lease. Everything changed, but it was all for the better. Then when Luke married, I wasn't nervous because I knew how awesome it could be.

Ben became the older brother I had always wanted. I love thinking about the first time I met Ben and his and Hannah's awkward lunch. It was back in his Six Flag gig days and their pre-dating days. It still makes me smile. We got back in the car and I told Hannah, "You are going to date that man". He makes Hannah a better person and they are a dynamite team. I love having watched their marriage grow over the past NINE years (how is that possible????). They are better together for the Gospel and the Kingdom than separate. And I love that whenever I go and visit, it doesn't feel awkward or weird, because brother is just that cool! Love that big brother of mine!

And then Abby came along. Golly, do I love her too. (Do people even say "golly" anymore? Did I just age myself 80 years?). Abster is a tiny, dynamite chica. My first introduction to Abby in person was at Luke's college graduation. I rode with them in the car for a few hours to question, interrogate, drill  get to know her. Living here in Dallas has been the sweetest treat in getting to know her. I love her spunk and her heart for the Lord, people, and ministry. She makes Luke a better man.

So while I realize this isn't the norm or even common in some families, I receive these two blessings as incredible treasures and gifts. Ben and Abby are family. True siblings.
























No comments:

Post a Comment