Saturday, April 1, 2017

The Newest Little One

(Today is the "social media public announcement day. The post was written the day I found out).

Dear Little One,

I found out about you tonight. You are coming in September and I can hardly contain myself. YOU ARE FINALLY COMING!

Here's the deal, I adore your momma and daddy. They are two of my favorite people in the world! You are super blessed, kid, to have them as your parents. And I'm just warning you as the oldest, you are the kiddo who they will learn all about parenting from as they figure this thing out. Don't worry about it. They will do great. And you shouldn't be too messed up in the process. :)

So it's not uncommon to hang out with your momma and daddy. We often eat dinner together and play games. Tonight was no different. Except for one thing.

When we went to play games, I opened the lid. Inside was a note. I almost told your momma, "Um...I think you left something in here." As I looked closer, I saw this...

(Also, I love that made it a rhyme!! Those creative kids who are actually adults and now GOING TO BE PARENTS! ) 

I'M GOING TO BE A TIA AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! Because of you little tiny one.

I squealed and screamed and shouted and jumped up (as best I can on a bum knee)! And I hugged and hugged your parents. Gracious - I've been waiting for you to come! Even now thinking of you coming makes me all weepy face.

Baby LA (this is my nickname for you after your momma and daddy's initial), you are so loved already. I can't wait to snuggle with you and breathe in your baby scent (not the stinky smells, just the sweet ones!). I can't wait to see your little hands and feet-sies and cuddle you close. I can't wait to wear you close and babysit for your parents to go have a date night. I can't wait for you to meet your cousins - you have a lot of them between both sides of your family!

Little LA - your momma and daddy are looking for Jesus' direction on where their ministry feet with take them next. Now that I know you are coming, my prayers have intensified for you to be here. Tia Abby would love for you to be nearby and to hang out lots and lots. I might also have bribed your parents to stay here in Dallas by offering to cook food for them after you come. For a long period of time. Hey, whatever it takes!

But more than anything, Baby La, I can't wait to see what the Lord is going to do in and through your life. I can't wait to watch you grow up. I can't wait to watch your parents love you so well.

And you are about to be a part of the most amazing family! You have lots of aunts and uncles who will love you lots. You have four grandparents who are going to spoil you rotten!

Tonight we also Facetimed your Aunt Hannah and CB and EM. They can't wait for you to come too! They were surprised and excited too!

(Look at your daddy's face in this photo? Aunt Hannah was still figuring out what was happening here. EM was saying "This is my mommy" and then your daddy said, "Guess who's going to be a mommy? This one!" And he pointed to your momma)


Aunt Hannah is super excited! She  can't wait to share all of her baby loot with you! And if you happen to be a girl, watch out! There will be lots of clothes from Aunt Hannah heading your way!

And your big cousins are excited too! 

Also, I might already have some little presents for you. I'm not sure if you are a tiny boy or a tiny girl, but that's ok. I have one of each! :)


So, LA, Tia Abby loves you mucho! You keep growing and I can't wait to meet you in September!

We are going to have lots of adventures together!

Love,
Tia Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment