Thursday, July 20, 2017

The Past 60 Days

This spring/summer has been a complete whirlwind. Traveling, moving, traveling, family time, traveling, dog sitting, traveling.

But I wouldn't trade it for anything.

With the madness of the past bit, Luke challenged me to do a blog post of numbers and stats of 60 days (Roughly April 22-June 21).

* 9 Amazing friends helping me move from one garage apartment to another

* 38 days in Israel


* 423 people on the combined trips I was on to Israel (that is a LOT of names to remember)



* 8 packing cubes that have changed my international packing life

(Seriously - these are amazing! Changed my hotel life)


* 4 days in Rome


* 7 days on airplanes
(Hello 2:00am wakeup call eyes) 

* 1 shady taxi driver muttering in a language I don't speak

* Countless new friends & connecting with previous friends





* 6 Shabbats in Israel


* 45 nights in hotel rooms
(Checking out a new hotel in May/staying there in June)

* 4 days of dog/house/pool sitting

(Buddy!!!!!  Actually his name is Winston, but sometimes I call him Petey from Little Rascals
Love this)

* 1 pair of airline issued sweatpants when my jeans failed the wand test during the additional screening and 1 airline issued "toiletry" kit when the luggage did not arrive (including a pair of pajamas)
(This bag held all kinds of goodies, including the pajamas)

* 4 days in the office during the month of June


* 6 days in the office during the month of May

* 3 Sea of Galilee boat rides (2 with the "grammy" awards and 1 with dancing)


* 14 nights spent in my new apartment (not enough time to take photos or settle in)

* 5 international airports
(Beautiful airport - they even sell tulips there!)

* 3 types of currency used

* Undetermined number of cappuccinos consumed in Israel and Italy for this non-coffee drinker
(Take me back!) 

* 7 Aroma iced coffees

* 1346 pictures taken - yes, apparently, I still take a bunch o' pictures in Israel!

* 21 funny sign pictures taken (to be shared on future posts)

(Please tell me you see the hilarity! See translation in italics - the third one down. Evacuation automatique. Hahaha!!! Toilets can be an automatic evacuation method)

* 4 or 5 Gelato cones in Rome (because "when in Rome")

(Lemon was probably my favorite flavor!!!)

* 7 Israeli tour guides/friends and dear Tatiana
(Tati and I were freezing on the bus - blankets were purchased) 

(Love these people and our amazing dinner this night) 

(These two - oh my! So much fun!)

(The picture I fought so hard for and I'm so glad I did! Love these people!)

Now I'm put for a few weeks with this crazy knee and all. So thankful for the Lord's grace to do all of this traveling without awful knee problems. And now, Lord willing, we are on the road to full recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment